The Traditional Youth Marching Bands Association’s aims are ‘the advancement of education of the public in music; in particular, traditional style youth marching bands and the advancement of education of members and leaders‘ of bands.
In order to achieve this, TYMBA seeks to provide ‘performance and networking opportunities‘ which include, but are not confined to showcases, concerts, contests, massed band events and training.
In furtherance of its aims, TYMBA has built links with the Royal Marines, British Army Music and similar organisations the British Youth Band Association and Indoor Music Games.
Our Management Committee:
- 3rd Davyhulme Scout and Guide Band
- 5th Leek (St Mary’s) Scout & Guide Band
- 13th Coventry Scout Band Marching Band
- 14th Eastleigh Scout and Guide Band; “The Spitfires”
- 17th Tonbridge Scout & Guide Band
- Alderley District Scout Band
- Band of St Gregory’s
- Biggleswade Sea Cadets Band
- Bournemouth Youth Marching Band
- Buckinghamshire Marching Youth
- Burgess Hill Marching Youth
- Chesham All Girls Band
- Grafton District Scout Band
- Halesowen Scout Band
- Huntbridge Drum and Trumpet Corps
- Kings Norton Youth Marching Band
- Kingston and Malden Scout and Guide Band
- Nuneaton and Bedworth Sea Cadets
- Oadby and Wigston Scout and Guide Band
- Redhill Corps of Drums
- Romford Drum and Trumpet Corps
- Spen Valley Scout and Guide Band
- Stone Scout and Guide Band
- Surbiton Royal British Legion Youth Marching Band
- Syston Scout and Guide Band
- Thurmaston Marching Brass
- Vectis Corps of Drums
- Wirral Sound Youth Marching Band
Correct as of 31st December 2021
Roll of Honour:
Founding bands in 1983: Romford Drum and Trumpet Corps, Surbiton RBL Youth Band, Stratford on Avon.
Past Presidents: Ernie Wright, Stu Warmington.
Volunteers acknowledged for their contribution to TYMBA: