The Traditional Youth Marching Bands Association (TYMBA) has two Officer positions which need filling during 2019.
The Vice-Chair position has been vacant since Andy Downton was voted in as Chair in 2018 and Dave Wood is stepping down after a number of years as Treasurer
The Treasurer has a watchdog role over all aspects of financial management of the association, working closely with the other Officers and Committee to safeguard the organisation’s finances.
They are responsible for ensuring that effective financial systems and procedures have been established, are being consistently followed and are in line with best practice and legal requirements.
The following points outline the financial responsibilities of a Treasurer:
- Present regular reports on the organisation’s financial position to the Committee
- Prepare accounts for audit and liaising with the auditor, as required
- Present accounts and a Treasurer’s Report at the AGM
- Manage bank accounts
- Ensure everyone handling money keeps proper records and documentation
- Ensure proper records are kept
- Ensure required insurances are in place